Side2 cartridge - FLASHED WITH FIRMWARE byj FJC ; commision is paid to FJC from every unit sold.
The SIDE2 interface provides hard disk functionality and much more for 8-bit Atari computers, all packaged in a compact cartridge design. The device features:
- On-board SpartaDOS X
- Real-Time Clock
- Compact Flash card slot
- Switchable loader and SDX modes
- Programmable "SIDE button"
- 256KB external flash application cartridge space
Using the special SIDE build of SpartaDOS X (files section), one can enjoy many of the benefits of a hard disk interface on the Atari by simply plugging in the cartridge and turning on the machine. The SIDE driver for SDX is loaded directly from SDX's "CAR" (Cartridge) device at boot-up, and all the necessary software tools are right there on the cartridge. SIDE files on the CAR device include:
- SIDE.SYS (driver)
- FDISK.COM (disk partitioning tool)
- HDDINFO.COM (hard disk information report utility)
- PARTINFO.COM (partition information utility)
- MOUNT.COM (dynamic partition mounting tool)
The SIDE driver for SpartaDOS X uses the APT (Atari Partition Table) scheme, devised by Konrad Kokoszkiewicz. This ensures storage media can be easily shared with other compliant interfaces (currently MyIDE for SDX, Incognito, Ultimate 1MB PBI, and the IDE Plus 2.0 APT Beta BIOS).
DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT THE AUTOR /OWNER OF BELOW SOFTWARE. Links are hosted by FJC. All below updates shall be considered as 3rd party and not supported by AOTL.
- Firmware by FJC: http://atari8.co.uk/apt/side/
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: A0171Width: 6.00 (in)Height: 4.00 (in)Depth: 2.50 (in)